The New Windsor Highway Department is responsible for and maintains over ninety miles of roads in the town. In addition, the highway department provides snow maintenance on six miles of Orange County roads in the Town of New Windsor.
The highway department operates with a crew of eighteen full-time employees - one deputy superintendent of highways, one foreman, three heavy equipment operators, eleven truck drivers, and two mechanics.
The highway department has completed many roads and drainage projects over the past three years. It has reclaimed and paved roads, removed trees, and placed new drainage structures, guide rails, centerline striping, and signs.
Garbage Do's and Dont's | Download
The most common questions are answered in this printable file. This is a great reference guide.
- Garbage Collection is once per week.
- Limit of six cans per residence
- Limit of ten cans per commercial site.
- Recyclables are picked up every other week on your normal garbage day.
- Recycle Schedule: 2013 | 2014
Grass clippings, Leaves, and Brush Collection
- Pickup is every other week opposite of recycling collection
- Branches must be less than three inches in diameter, no longer than three feet in length, and tied in bundles.
Orange County Electronics Recycling Program
- Orange County DPW Electronics Recycling Flyer | Download