The Town Assessor's Office is responsible for establishing values of real property so that school, county, town and special district taxes may be equitably apportioned among property owners. The Assessor's Office continually reviews sales to determine the market value of various types of properties in the Town. Various real property tax exemptions authorized under state and local laws such as partial exemptions for veterans, primary residence (STAR exemption), agricultural, senior citizens, physically disabled people with limited income, solar and wind energy systems, and business incentive exemptions are also administered by this office.
Our office handles exemptions for:
- Enhanced STAR
- Business Improvement
- Low Income Senior Citizens
- Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers
2013 Final Assessment Roll
Sole Assessor J.Todd Wiley announces the release of the Town of New Windsor 2013 Final Assessment Roll which is available for inspection at Town Hall during normal hours and for your convenience posted on this website. Please be patient this is a 5 MB PDF file. Download Link
Key Dates to Know
- March 1st - Taxable Status Date - Deadline for filing for all exemptions.
- May 1st - Tentative roll date and assessment change mailed to property owners. Property owners may examine their own assessments or assessments of any other parcels in the Town of New Windsor.
- Fourth Tuesday in May - Grievance Day, to file a formal appeal.
- July 1st - Final assessment roll is filed and taxes apportioned for the following year.